The goal of the “Assuring Access to Health Care for People with Disabilities” training video is to provide information and strategies to help health care providers communicate effectively with people with disabilities.
The intended audience for this training is healthcare providers.
The length of time for this training video is 45 minutes.
There are eight main topics in this training video :
- Meeting Your Patient
- Providing Equal Access to Quality Care
- Respecting Patient Choices
- Documenting Need for Medical Equipment
- Assisting a Person with Visual Impairment
- Communicating with People Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Working with Patients Who are Difficult to Understand
- Hidden Disabilities